With championship sports, beautiful beaches nearby, and an average temperature of around 90 degrees Fahrenheit much of the year, Tampa is one hot city! If you do not have an HVAC system, you are going to be feeling the heat. But, with over 60 years of experience in HVAC systems, Rescom Air Corp. knows how to keep you cool. One alternative we want to recommend is using a mini window air conditioner. Not sure what you are going to need? Let us give you a rundown on what to look for while shopping.
New Generation of Window Air Conditioner
Air conditions have come a long way since the loud, poorly optimized versions from years past. Today’s models have improved on every facet of design over their older, bulkier counterparts.
The mini air conditioners we are talking about today are perfect for cooling 100-300 square foot rooms. As their name implies, mini air conditioners are small enough to be used in your home or apartment windows; some models will fit into windows two feet wide. Just like much of the technology we enjoy today, several of today’s models are remote or even smartphone compatible.
Cool Things to Look For
- Installation – Many of today’s mini air conditioners are designed to be DIY-friendly. The best thing to do is to take a look at the owner’s manual to ensure you feel comfortable with the installation. If not, look for HVAC contractors to help.
- Size – To save yourself trips to the store, there are a couple of things you need to measure before you make your purchase. The first is to measure the window you plan to use the mini air conditioner in. Next, you need to measure the square feet of the room you plan to cool. These two measurements will point you toward the ideal model for you.
- Efficiency – Without getting overly technical, BTUs are used to measure your air conditioner’s energy capacity. The higher the BTUs, the more expensive it is to run the unit. You want a unit with a higher energy efficiency ratio, EER, to save you money and provide the best efficiency.
- Warranties & Reviews – Both warranties and reviews involve doing your research before buying. Compare reviews on the quality and reliability of different units. Do the same with warranties. Then compile the information and narrow down your search to the mini air conditioners that suit your needs the best.
More to Consider
- How will the mini air conditioner look on the other side of the window? Like larger traditional units, the mini unit’s compressor will jut out from the window in a metal and plastic box, only tinier.
- What area will the smallest of units cool? Currently, the smallest units available will cool an area of around 150 square feet.
It’s hot out there, Tampa. You know you need a quality window air conditioner or HVAC system. That means you need the experts at Rescom Air Corp. It is only getting hotter out there, call or stop by today.